[Pharo-dev] Please stop top posting... (was Re: Tell me about your workflow)

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 13:39:28 EST 2013

On 17 December 2013 16:45, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Ah. I hadn't thought that many devs actually use the web UI for gmail, but
>> perhaps they are :)
>

> But that would defeat one of the primary purpose of using web email which is
> access from any machine.
>
> Besides that, Gmail has the best UI, bar none.  The handling of
> Conversations is what sets it apart.

That's a horrible indictment of all webmail clients, because gmail's
mail editor is utter rubbish. You can't paste anything even vaguely
indented (like, oh I don't know, snippets of Smalltalk) without it
"helpfully" unindenting everything, it strongly discourages correct
use of email (i.e., not top-posting). Its new UI is a great leap
backwards compared to its older UI.

But, you know, it's free, it's available from every machine I care to
use, and it has the best search facility of any mail client I've ever
used. (Worst ever searching: Outlook.)

frank