[Pharo-dev] Text search overlayed over tree (MorphTreeMorph)

GOUBIER Thierry thierry.goubier at cea.fr
Sun Dec 15 13:08:46 EST 2013

Hi all,

I've worked a bit on something which could be usefull: a way to overlay a text search box over a tree list, and direct search and selection over the tree just by typing in it...

Two vidéos to show how it works: the first one shows how typing makes the area appear (and the underlying tree select the first matching item). The Tab key closes the search box and expand the selected (target node); typing again restart the search one element below. In this way, one can navigate easily in a deep tree, as AltBrowser is organised (i.e. matching GUI -> Morphic-Base-Whatever). The search is over the whole tree, so, towards the end, typing Sy brings you back to the top of the tree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJzNKdnSKJ4

The second video shows how to add it to the current Nautilus with the package tree ;) There is very little code in there, but probably a need for some polish: I'm not a keyboard guy, and, as such, I'm not yet confortable using it (but it already went through many design iterations to keep it simple and focused).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyhqTzIxyRY

Thierry