[Pharo-dev] Smalltalk in a C World

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Sun Dec 8 14:15:06 EST 2013

Usually plugins for CAD programs have to be running in-process.
Pharo is not (at least not without further work) running in a DLL
as by default it runs as an own OS process.

There once was a plugin for Netscape and one for IE running
Squeak VM as a in-process plugin in the browser - so its technically possible
but not out of the box.

If you want to use Smalltalk for extending CAD programs with
a DLL then you should give "Smalltalk/MT" from ObjectConnect a try
as it is able to build DLL's and OCX/ActiveX components and
already provides the native support (Graphics, Debugging, ...)

Have fun
Torsten