[Pharo-dev] Searchbar in the browser

kilon alios kilon.alios at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 13:04:50 EST 2013

Emacs employs fuzzy completion. That means that you only have to type a
partial match that exists in anywhere in the result or even fragments of a
partial match making for very flexible search. For example if I look for
"filesystem" and yet I type"systemfile" or "sysfile" or "file-syse" etc,
the search will still able to locate the "filesystem" packages and all its
classes.

I used this completion both for code completion and file path completion ,
but I am pretty sure it works everywhere inside emacs.

That also mean a unified search for everything, classes, methods etc .
Without of course ruling out focused search of any kind , regex and
existing ways to search in Pharo.

But I want to say that I am very happy we have this functionality in pharo.
Thank you.