[Pharo-dev] Pharo magic

kilon alios kilon.alios at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 15:49:54 EST 2013

Well I tried pharo just for fun , I knew it would not last. Pharo is
unpopular, not enough libraries, small community , not nearly enough
documentation. Pharo was nothing more than a little break from python.
After all we all know smalltalk is dead , right ?  The plan was simple,
have fun with Pharo , steal some ideas, go back to python where you can get
things done. Little did I know. Several months later here I am. I still
have not found the reason to give up on Pharo, my questions have been
answered , found many great libraries to work with and the documentation is
getting better and better.

Overall my experience is way better than I predicted. Pharo is turning into
the environment I always wanted to have. Its so unique that I just cant
compare it with anything else, and the uniqueness is not just in details,
its almost everywhere. I am so addicted to live coding that I cant see
myself going back to the old way. This is the future of coding.

I only wish the best for Pharo , not for me but for you guys, you work hard
for it and you deserve it. Thank you :)

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 10:33 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr