[Pharo-dev] Unifying Testing Ideas

Dennis Schetinin chaetal at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 09:10:08 EST 2013

Sure, there are objects: it's Smalltalk, methods are obects too :) That's
really correct: SUnit is the simplest thing that (still) works. But is it
still enough? Isn't it a time to make more steps and improve?

I just mean it would be great to have test as distinct object that I can
explore, add certain behavior and properties to, relate to other objects in
system (other tests, test suites, groups and more), open in specific tools
(to be yet created), log all runs and results… and associate with
frameworks that it should be run within… In general, to create a
full-fledged and easy-to-use environment for TDD and controlling all the
development steps with tests, use them as documentation, etc. etc. etc.

--

Best regards,

Dennis Schetinin