[Pharo-dev] Building Pharo using Interpreter Class

Kirstin Heidler kirstin.heidler at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Dec 3 08:34:15 EST 2013

But the StackInterpreter and Stack VM should be working, right?

We just found out, that once an Image has been saved with a Cog-VM there
can be issues with floating points because of the ordering of bits? LE
vs. BE? At least it says so in this README [2].
May this be one of the problems we had when trying to start our image
with the generated StackVM?
Also, which Pharo version do you reccomend to use? We downloaded the one
from this [1] repository. I think it is a Pharo 2.0?

Thanks a lot for your help. Nice to know that the Interpreter class is
not working. :)

Kirstin

[1] https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm
[2] http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/Cog/README