[Pharo-dev] transcript is plain bad

phil at highoctane.be phil at highoctane.be
Tue Dec 3 04:34:38 EST 2013

I am working on this one.

Don't kill the transcript, it is useful when working without a console.

Now, adding the features you mention is not hard. And the top right
triangle menu of Transcript could get a clue from the Workspace one with a
Save As entry.

I once had an issue with things like (out of the top of my head) FileStream
stdout nextPutAll: 'hello'; cr; flush. when I went headless. The image
worked at one point and the froze/locked. Until this is sorted out in full,
keep a transcript handy.

I gave the image to Guille who sent me back a version "unlocked" with Oz,
but it still dies on Windows for example. Weird.

Phil

---
Philippe Back
Dramatic Performance Improvements
Mob: +32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: +32 (0) 70 408 027
Mail:phil at highoctane.be | Web: http://philippeback.eu
Blog: http://philippeback.be | Twitter: @philippeback
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/philippeback/videos

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101 | 1301 Bierges | Belgium

Pharo Consortium Member - http://consortium.pharo.org/
Featured on the Software Process and Measurement Cast -
http://spamcast.libsyn.com
Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect and Ability Engineering EADocX Value
Added Reseller

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr