[Pharo-dev] Versionner Impressions

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Tue Dec 3 00:43:18 EST 2013

Wow, it's light years ahead of where I last saw it! It is already much better
than writing configs by hand. I was able to do about 75% via the UI to go
from nothing, to an initial commit with a baseline including dependent
projects and my packages.

A few notes. It would be nice to be able...
	•	to specify other repos for dependent project
	•	to select the project's repo from a list if it's already known by the
system instead of having to type

Bugs:
	•	I added BabyMock as a dependent project, Versionner showed "(stable)" in
the UI, but when it added it to the baseline, it was loading bleeding edge
	•	Added packages were a mixture of strings and symbols i.e. 'FMOD',
#FMODSpecification, 'BabyMock-Core'
	•	I added a main repository to Versionner, but it didn't appear in baseline
when clicked "update dev"
	•	If you accidentally navigate away from the version you're viewing, e.g.
by clicking on another version, all changes are lost without warning

Keep up the great work. This is a very important tool!

-----
Cheers,
Sean