[Pharo-dev] Roassal Bug related to Athens?

kilon alios kilon.alios at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 16:22:20 EST 2013

and how exactly you expect that people would know what a session is ? or
why that would be an issue with nativeboost or Athens ?

I did not even know that there was a tutorial included about it in the
Athens tutorial which is package that existing in the smalltalkhub repo of
Athens in smalltalkhub for some strange reason the tutorial is not included
with the standard distribution of Pharo 3 even though Athens suppose to
play a huge role for Pharo in the future replacing all drawings. I have
even purchased both Pharo books and they don't mention this.

You cant blame him for not knowing or not googling about it. You cant
google what you are not aware of. And you cant be aware if you dont have
some sort of documentation in front of you. And no a maiing is not
documentation.

The least you could do is at smalltalkhub description tell to people to go
fetch the Athens-Tutorial package and learn from it. At least that would
save you a substantial amount of replies in the near future.  From the
tutorial alone he would have learned about the session issue and he would
not have to ask and that would save him time and you.

I love your work and appreciate your effort but whether we like it or not,
these things are very important.