[Pharo-dev] Unifying Testing Ideas

Attila Magyar m.magyar3 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 15:48:20 EST 2013

Sean P. DeNigris wrote
> - Phexample and BabyMock both require subclassing from their own TestCase
> subclass, so they can't be used together.

The reason for having the base class is to verify the expectations at the
end of the tests automatically. Doing this manually is possible (context
assertSatisfied), but probably people would forget it without this automatic
mechanism. In Java for example, mock libraries use custom JUnit runners to
do this, but I haven't found something like this in SUnit. If there is a
better way to do this please let me know.