[Pharo-dev] Responsible development

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Mon Dec 2 10:43:24 EST 2013

>> And, I just want to remind everyone that Pharo 3.0 is unreleased... Do not
>> expect it to be stable,
>
> It’s not about stability of pharo 3, it about concurrency. And it’s the same problem in 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 2.0. I can write ruby code while running tests, but I cannot do that in Pharo.

Of course you can do that in Pharo.
AutoTest was a trial to do that.
Now for example you can load code in a background process now if you modify objects that may be impacted by changes then you can get in trouble.
In ruby do you run them in a patched kernel version or in the same environment?

I would like to have isolated memory and several kernels running side by side but this is not something that we can achieve in a couple of days.

> This thread doesn’t seem to have any reason, so I should just apologise for creating it because of frustration and ask everyone to stop discussing this :)

Yury you should be more precise in your point