[Pharo-dev] SyntaxError?

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Sun Dec 1 16:14:03 EST 2013

When trying to load code I get this error

<<<This string contains a character (ascii value 169) that is not normally used in code>>> toleranceCalibreFileteISOPourCote: aMLNUnknown character -> -> DoubleFCDistance type: aFCLitteralType diametrePiece: aFCDistance pas: aFCDistance2 qualité: aFCLitteralQualite avantProtectionEpaisseur: aFCDistEpaisseur  cote: aFCLitteralCote nominalSaisi: anFCToleranceISO calculDe: aSymbol
	|  |
	self calculDesBornesV4 "retreiveShippingVersions".
	MarleneProjet isFixe ifFalse: [^MlnMsgErreur message: #nonAutoriseFixe].
	aMLNDoubleFCDistance calculDuNominal ifTrue: [
		^self toleranceCalibreFileteISOType: (self calculerTypeCalibreAPartirDe: aFCLitteralCote et: aFCLitteralType)
				diametrePiece: aFCDistance
				pas: aFCDistance2
				qualité: aFCLitteralQualite
 				avantProtectionEpaisseur: aFCDistEpaisseur] ifFalse: [
		^self new valeur: aMLNDoubleFCDistance valeurReelle;
				borneSup: nil;
				borneInf: nil;
				limiteUsure: nil]

now when I paste the method definition, it compiles and I do not understand why it failed in the first place?

toleranceCalibreFileteISOPourCote: aMLNDoubleFCDistance type: aFCLitteralType diametrePiece: aFCDistance pas: aFCDistance2 qualite: aFCLitteralQualite avantProtectionEpaisseur: aFCDistEpaisseur  cote: aFCLitteralCote nominalSaisi: anFCToleranceISO calculDe: aSymbol
	|  |
	self calculDesBornesV4 "retreiveShippingVersions".
	MarleneProjet isFixe ifFalse: [^MlnMsgErreur message: #nonAutoriseFixe].
	aMLNDoubleFCDistance calculDuNominal ifTrue: [
		^self toleranceCalibreFileteISOType: (self calculerTypeCalibreAPartirDe: aFCLitteralCote et: aFCLitteralType)
				diametrePiece: aFCDistance
				pas: aFCDistance2
				qualite: aFCLitteralQualite
 				avantProtectionEpaisseur: aFCDistEpaisseur] ifFalse: [
		^self new valeur: aMLNDoubleFCDistance valeurReelle;
				borneSup: nil;
				borneInf: nil;
				limiteUsure: nil]!

do you have any idea?