[Pharo-dev] [ANN] PunQLite - a new NoSQL wrapper for Pharo

Masashi UMEZAWA masashi.umezawa at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 22:02:17 EST 2013

Hi all,

I've developed PunQLite. UnQLite NoSQL database binding for Pharo.
https://github.com/mumez/PunQLite
http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~MasashiUmezawa/PunQLite

UnQLite is a fast, lightweight, portable, embedded KVS with a simple
scripting engine (Jx9).
http://unqlite.org/

Torsen kindly wrote about PunQLite project's beginning on his blog.
http://astares.blogspot.jp/2013/11/punqlite-for-pharo-using-unqlite.html

At that time, it was only a bare NativeBoost FFI interface. Now it has
become a full-fledged wrapper.

db := PqDatabase open: 'test.db'.
db at: 'Smalltalk' put: 'COOL'.
db at: 'Pharo' put: 'HOT'.
db at: 'Smalltalk' ifPresent: [:data |
    data asString inspect
].
Transcript cr; show: db keys.
db do: [:cursor |
    Transcript cr; show: cursor currentStringKey; space; show: cursor
currentStringValue.
].
db close.

Moreover, it is quite fast. I wrote a simple benchmark that does many
round-trips (put/get 100000 small elements). The result is 877 msecs
(on my windows laptop). It was impressive.

Enjoy!
--
[:masashi | ^umezawa]