[Pharo-dev] [ANN] JetStorm

jannik.laval jannik.laval at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 04:09:14 EST 2013

Hi all,
Another announcement for Christmas.

Do you know Lego MindStorms ? The last one is the Ev3 serie (http://www.lego.com/fr-fr/mindstorms/).
One particularity of this version compared to the previous ones is the possibility to plug a Wifi key and connect via TCP.

So, if you have this material (one Mindstorms Ev3, one compatible Wifi key), a wireshark to obtain the TCP port to connect to Ev3 (See the process here, only to understand why we need a wireshark to know the port: http://www.monobrick.dk/guides/how-to-establish-a-wifi-connection-with-the-ev3-brick/).

Now, you can control your robot with Pharo !
Just load these lines:
—
Gofer it
      url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/JLaval/JetStorm/main'
 	username: ''
 	password: '';
      package: 'ConfigurationOfJetStorm';
      load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfJetStorm) loadBleedingEdge.
—

I know also that for Christmas, it is not possible to learn a new API, we all have a lot of other things to do ! So, you can play with it into Phratch.
For that, just load Phratch and the package EV3Phratch as following.

—
Gofer it
        url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/JLaval/Phratch/main'
 username: ''
 password: '';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfPhratch';
        load.
    (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfPhratch) loadBleedingEdge.

Gofer it
        url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/JLaval/JetStorm/main'
 username: ''
 password: '';
        package: 'EV3Phratch';
        load.
—

Have fun !
Jannik

PS: for now, this package in prototype, it can change a lot and can have bugs. Do not hesitate to give feedbacks.
PS2: I hope to write a doc for it !