[Pharo-dev] Recent VM for Pharo 2 on Ubuntu 8.04

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Wed Aug 28 09:43:52 EDT 2013

On Aug 28, 2013, at 3:36 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr> wrote:

> Indeed I do not see how we could provide support that oracle does not.
> We should be realistic.

This quote is related to FireFox and Apple, but it's the same idea:

“Apple releases new versions of its operating systems relatively quickly, and each new version contains
significant changes that we must adapt to,” Aas said. “This requires resources, and with limited resources
this sometimes means we have to make tough decisions about where to invest.”

	http://www.macworld.com/article/1168241/mozilla_sets_end_of_firefox_for_os_x_leopard.html

Mozilla had "limited" resources (revenue, but revenue is resource in software) of over 163 million USD in 2011…

	Marcus