[Pharo-dev] Recent VM for Pharo 2 on Ubuntu 8.04

Jan Vrany jan.vrany at fit.cvut.cz
Wed Aug 28 06:41:32 EDT 2013

Hi,

we had similar problems. After a bit of a research, I concluded that
there are basically two options for this sort of GLIBC a problem:

1) Workaround: recompile the VM on the target system, i.e., on
    Ubuntu 8.04

2) Solution: find symbols that introduces that dependency and then
    simply not use them in the VM code. This means that you may have
    to provide your own implementation of certain C functions
    (memset, stat, things like that)

    To do so, nm and objdump is your friend.

If I were you, I would go for a workaround.

Best, Jan