[Pharo-dev] Filing in chunks

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 21:14:15 EDT 2013

What is the "official" way to file in chunks in Pharo?

I'm porting something from Dolphin to Pharo 2, with no purpose of having
compatibility between both (it is, I want to continue with it on Pharo).

I've been manually "translating" the chunk from Dolphin into Pharo format,
but the problem is... I can't find a way to File In the file contents!

Using the File Explorer, there is a contextual menu in the contents pane of
the selected file "FileIn Selection (G)", but as soon as I select some
chunks or the whole contents to file In I get a MessageNotUnderstood of
#fileIn in ReadWriteStream (the selected contents).

I couldn't find another menu for filing in in a Workspace (expected),
SystemBrowser (Nautilus) nor anywhere else. I'm doing it with 'myChanges.st'
asFileReference fileIn

But I was expecting more user friendly, like a chunk browser.

Any clues?

Thanks!