[Pharo-dev] Debugger recursion

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 16:09:55 EDT 2013

On 24 August 2013 14:18, jan.struz <public+pharo at struz.cz> wrote:

> Stéphane Ducasse wrote
> > On Aug 23, 2013, at 7:13 PM, jan.struz <
>
> > public+pharo@
>
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> Proxy implementation
> >
> > did you have a look at Ghost because mariano spent nearly a year on it.
> >
> > I do not really know what are the messages supposed to be supported by
> > ProtoObject to be debugged
> > May be it is not in the contract of ProtoObject and as such it produces
> > normally an infinite loop.
> >
> > Stef
>
> ok, so the rule is: never subclass ProtoObject to make Debugger crazy..
> I will definitely look at Ghost, it has already been on my todo list..
>
> i would say:
 - if you subclass from ProtoObject then you are on your own.. don't expect
any standard tools to work anymore (including debugger, of course).

And no, there is no 'fix' for that.. except from merging ProtoObject with
Object,
which kills the purpose of having ProtoObject class.

thanks

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.