[Pharo-dev] So, again, why 'object inspect' should answer an object?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 04:17:41 EDT 2013

On 26 August 2013 22:41, Camillo Bruni <camillobruni at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think we agreed that
> - #inspect: returns the inspected value
> - #inspector: returns the inspector for the given value
>
> well, it won't work that way.. #inspector: returns the inspector model ,
but not the actual morph
i don't know how to get the window morph from it (maybe its easy?)..

I mean, even if you change this to use #inspector: instead of #inspect:

Morph>>inspectInMorphic: evt
    evt hand attachMorph: ((Smalltalk tools inspect: self) extent: 300 at 200)

it won't work (#extent: did not understood by inspector object, neither you
can attach it to hand).

So, i forced to change this method to look like this:

inspectInMorphic: evt
    Smalltalk tools inspect: self

yeah.. i will open the issue then.

--