[Pharo-dev] I would prefer to see the diff from Smalltalkhub than Git commits

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Sat Aug 17 15:26:13 EDT 2013

> nope, the smalltalk hub diffs are clearly minor
>
> - they are auto generate, no manual intervention needed to send them
> - they are only sent if the build succeeds
> - they include valuable information
like what?

> - the github repository is the place where you go to find changes, it's simply impossible to figure out when something broke on smalltalkhub since you cannot compare multiple packages over multiple times

I do not to go to github to see the diff because I will not do it and I want to see the code modified. It worked really well in the squeak mailing-list
we did not do it because squeaksource was on its knees.
Nicolas will fix SmalltalkHub diff and I will see how the script loader can send the diffs

> and... I thought we agree that I send the diff from github.
I do not remember probably but now I do not see added value.