[Pharo-dev] XML writer in the default image

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Thu Aug 15 03:41:08 EDT 2013

On Aug 15, 2013, at 2:15 AM, Camillo Bruni <camillobruni at gmail.com> wrote:

> As reported a while ago (https://pharo.fogbugz.com/default.asp?7412#80347), the TestRunner
> is crashing when test failures accidentally spit out XML sensitive characters:
>
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo/view/all/job/Pharo-3.0-Regression-Tests/304/VM=vm,label=pharo-linux64.ci.inria.fr/consoleFull
>
> I don't really see a reason to generate XML by concatenating strings, so I wonder
> whether we could include the XMLWriter in the default image?

Why don't we load HDTestRunner when needed? And HDTestRunner could then use XMLWriter

> This way I could finally fix the HDTestRunner with very little effort.

I will finish to pop up my list and start to work on managing the image with Metacello
because we should build it based on subproject
	RB
	Nautilus
	Athens
	NativeBoost
	AsmJit
	Zinc
	OPAL
	were/are managed with metacello so we could be there :)

Stef