[Pharo-dev] loosing versions of method after deleting and creating new

Sabine Knöfel sabine.knoefel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 10:34:32 EDT 2013

Hi,

sometimes I have got the following situation:

1) I delete a method
2) I recognize uhhhh, I need it! it was wrong to delete it!
3) I re-write it (or get it from changes file or old image)
4) now, the versions of the method are lost

I would have the following wishes for this situation:
a) it should be easier for me to get back the deleted method (easier as
searching the changes file or load old version of image)
b) after re-writing the method, I want the versions of this method back.

Perhaps there is another way to handle this and I did not know it.
For a while I was renaming methods (e.g. from "methodname" to
"methodnameOLD") instead of deleting it but this is not the way it should be
imho.

I was used to have this functionality in envy.

What do you think about this?

Regards
Sabine