[Pharo-dev] [ANN] Stamp, another STOMP implementation

phil at highoctane.be phil at highoctane.be
Tue Aug 13 10:01:10 EDT 2013

superb!

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013, Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at stfx.eu> wrote:

> On 13 Aug 2013, at 15:30, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr>
wrote:

>> Excellent!
>> And with a lovely documentation (even if too short to my eyes :)).
>
> Indeed, although it is better than nothing, it is too short and the code
itself can use more comments as well, but it is a pretty complex subject,
especially if you are unfamiliar with messaging-oriented middleware and
architecture.

> It will improve over time. Users are an important driver for improvements.
>
>> On Aug 13, 2013, at 3:18 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at stfx.eu> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am pleased to announce the public release of Stamp
>>>
>>> http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~SvenVanCaekenberghe/Stamp
>>> https://github.com/svenvc/docs/blob/master/neo/stamp.md
>>>
>>> Stamp is an implementation of STOMP, the Simple (or Streaming) Text
Oriented Message Protocol, for Pharo, a protocol to interact with
message-oriented middleware (MOM).

>>> More specifically, Stamp implements STOMP 1.2 and was tested against
RabbitMQ 3.1. Other message-oriented middleware implementations accessible
through STOMP include Apache ActiveMQ, Glassfish Open MQ and Fuse Message
Broker based on Active MQ - but these have not yet been tested.

>>> Messaging middleware is an important technology for building scaleable
and flexible enterprise software architectures.

>>> Stamp itself is still evolving. Any feedback is welcome.
>>>
>>> Sven
>>>
>>> PS: As noted in
https://github.com/svenvc/docs/blob/master/neo/stamp.md#acknowledgementthere
is a relation with Göran Krampe's older
http://www.squeaksource.com/StompProtocol.html

--
---
Philippe Back

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101 | 1301 Bierges | Belgium

Featured on the Software Process and Measurement Cast
http://spamcast.libsyn.com
Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect and Ability Engineering EADocX Value
Added Reseller