[Pharo-dev] About SqNumberParser

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Tue Aug 13 08:20:46 EDT 2013

Hi nicolas

We would really like to have only one number parser in Pharo as well as handling the 1.0s syntax
marcus raised a question that I could not answer.
Do you habve nfrmation to share with us so that we can take a decision?

Stef

so the strange thing is that this is *explicitly* implemented in SqNumberParser to not allow 2.0s

- do not allow single s without following digits as ScaledDecimal

It is not explained why this is a good idea.

In general, we need to merge the whole NumberParser hierarchy into one class, i don't understand why we have three classes now.