[Pharo-dev] [Amber] News from the last Amber team meeting

Nicolas Petton petton.nicolas at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 07:53:38 EDT 2013

Hi guys,

Here's a report of what was discussed on the Amber meeting yesterday.

- Communication: It is obvious that we do not communicate enough outside of github or IRC about what's going on in Amber. It was decided that we will focus more on communication (thus this email ;-)).
- Next release: Unlike it was initially planned, the next release of Amber won't be 1.0.0. There will probably be more intermediate releases.
- Release cycles: It was decided that we will do more releases. We will try to embrace short release cycles. Releases will also be openly discussed on the mailing-list
- Release process: The current release process is error-prone and involved a lot of small steps. To improve that we will in a first step write it down on the wiki, and try to automate it in the future
- Matthias was introduced to the team
- Next meeting in a month

What is currently going on in Amber?

- There is a huge work being done to make Amber load with an AMD (requirejs)
- Helios is getting more attention to make it more stable and usable
- The stepping debugger is going to be merged in master any time soon now and is basically working
- The bootstrap JS file has been split into smaller and more understandable chunks

Attendees:

Nicolas Petton
Manfred Kröhnert
Herbert Vojčík