[Pharo-dev] bug with new inspector?

Clément Bera bera.clement at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 04:15:17 EDT 2013

2013/8/12 Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr>

> yeah it tries to do 'bag at: 1' which fails. How would look like a nice
> bag inspector ?
>

> same as set or dictionary
> a bag is conceptually a collection of pair

Ok I will make a slice

> Now what would be nice is that we can have a default inspector that does
> not interpret the structure.
>
> It exists, it is 'object basicInspect', or in the inspector, right click
on self, then click on basicInspect.

> It would be also nice that when we dive into an object when we close the
> window the system popup to the previous object

This happens when you don't dive but open a new window with Cmd+i, it is
the old inspector workflow that still works on purpose. If it pops up the
last object on close there is no advantage of dive instead of the old
inspector that pops new windows.

> because this is annoying to close the complete stack
> we could have a shift or option variant that close everything.

I don't know. 10 days ago, Erwan did a tool bar for the inspector that may
help (the slice is waiting in fix review needed).