[Pharo-dev] Understanding Versionner repository selection

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Sun Aug 11 03:00:35 EDT 2013

On Aug 11, 2013, at 6:04 AM, Hernán Morales Durand <hernan.morales at gmail.com> wrote:

> El 10/08/2013 14:55, Hernán Morales Durand escribió:
>> Hi folks,
>> I have a *very* simple package with no dependencies whatsoever. Now I'm
>> trying to understand Versionner, these are the steps:
>>
>> 1. I set the ConfigurationOf name
>> 2. I choose I don't want to use squeaksource.com
>> <http://squeaksource.com>, ok
>> 3. Select a repository...
>>
>> Now that is not clear for me. Which repository are you talking about?
>> the repository where I store MY code, or the repository where I would
>> like to publish the configuration so is displayed in the Configuration
>> Browser (like the MetaRepoForPharo)?
>>

> Ok, I choose the MetaRepoForPharo. The ConfigurationOf class is generated with its methods. I consider myself this package as stable, but there is no generated method for #'stable'. Do I need to create it by hand and then Commit to repository?

normally not but I do not know the status of Versioner and christophe is on vacation.

> This is another doubt. Where I should add meta information about my package? I just want to put a little description of what it does.

Hi all,

I wish I could release a first beta of Versionner before my holidays but I'am a bit short.
Nevertheless, you will find an archive on this page http://chercheurs.lille.inria.fr/~demarey/Tech/Versionner containing the current status of Versionner.
If you want, you can play a bit with it and give me feedback.
There are a lot of missing features but tit will come time after time.

From now you can create a new config, release a dev version, update dependencies.

See you in 3 weeks,
Christophe.