[Pharo-dev] pattern for configuration definition

Camillo Bruni camillobruni at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 08:49:18 EDT 2013

Before I get into details,

if you create a new Configuration in Pharo, you will get now a pre-filled template with lots of comments.

- only 1 version for development which is updated manually (typically on each new commit)
- for the DEV version, there is a DEV baseline
- if a new release happens, the dev version and it's baseline are copied, the baseline has the same version number as the first version it was introduced with.
- all external projects in separate methods for readability (plus it's easier to change the main repos)

It's not much actually, but basically I treat the configuration as normal ST code and avoid duplication :).
I hope my explanation is not clear enough.