[Pharo-dev] Put issues from cog issue tracker into pharo issue tracker

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Thu Aug 8 14:33:59 EDT 2013

On Aug 8, 2013, at 7:37 PM, Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu> wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Aug 2013, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>
>> that's a restriction made by the service we choose.
>
> So it is you, who have chosen the restriction.
>
>> issues are publicly visible here:
>>
>> http://bugs.pharo.org
>>
>> and there you also can register your self so you can also edit issues in fogbugz.
>> so yes... is public in the "non-restricted access" meaning of the word.
>
> The barrier is way to high for anyone without an account to access the tracker. All links to issues on this mailing list point to fogbugz.com. Finding the matching issue on bugs.pharo.org seems to be kinda impossible.
> For example can you point me to the publicly visible link for this case https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/11144 (without checking pharo.fogbugz.com ofc)?
>
> Also bugs.pharo.org doesn't seem to be up-to-date. For example I can't find the recently moved issues from the Cog tracker.

Levente
we did not take fogbuz because it forces people to log to edit bugs.
We took it because google removed the script API of google code. We had really something else to do than to change a bug tracker
when it was not the moment nor our wishes. Now fogbugz people nicely offered us to host and be able
to use  software that costs 25$ per site per month. So we decided to give a try and
it has the cost that we cannot edit bugs without being log and a complex interface but we are happy that we
do not have to run mantis or another bug tracker by ourselves.
Now guillermo saw that squeakers use the squeak bug tracker to track Cog VM bugs so there is no point for us to have
two bugtrackers to deal with.
So this is simple I guess and this bug tracker stays a public one. Anybody on earth willing to have an access can get one.

S.