[Pharo-dev] Put issues from cog issue tracker into pharo issue tracker

Henrik Johansen henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no
Thu Aug 8 10:04:44 EDT 2013

On Aug 8, 2013, at 3:03 , Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8 August 2013 14:14, Guillermo Polito <guillermopolito at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I guess that solves the question around the fate of the cog issue tracker: I
>> didn't mean a deprecation or similar, people can continue using it as they
>> want. I put for that links so people can go back and forth between the issue
>> trackers. My unique and good intention was to make those issues more
>> visible.
>
> Thanks, Guillermo.
> I think everyone understands that your intention was for good, but
> when you don't inform
> people properly they tend to think worst (including me)
>
> :)
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.

Especially when you end up spamming VM-dev with Cog issue tracker updates saying "Moved to fogbugz".
Even with the modified updates, why you'd need to mirror an existing tracker for a related but distinct project into the Pharo tracker, with the synchronization issues that might cause, js still a bit beyond me.

Cheers,
Henry