[Pharo-dev] Fwd: Keyboard events is broken.

phil at highoctane.be phil at highoctane.be
Wed Aug 7 11:59:28 EDT 2013

now can we get a working keyboard?

On Wednesday, August 7, 2013, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:
> Agree with everything you said.
> As i said, my impression was that Guille pushed unfininowshed/incomplete
pieces.
> And that is what i against.
> Because if we go that way, then someone will start pushing changes
> which even don't compile.
>
> I hope i made my point clear, what  blessed means. It is not synonym
> to 'stable'.
>

> On 7 August 2013 17:11, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> IMO is no point on ask for keeping an "all-time-stable" VM in the
development process (it is even a contradiction).
>> Is the same as asking for a 3.0 stable before release (yes, is the
same... we are trying to have same process for both).

>> VM development is not stable right now, same way it is not stable 3.0
>> Want stable stuff? you need to take the stable VM and Pharo 2.0 (even
with the bugs we all know).
>> Ok, we (the pharo developers community) cannot do that, we need to work
on the bleeding edge and because of that, some times we get uncomfortable
situations.
>> But then we all know how hard is to have a functionality working
properly and well tested. Our only way to do that is to put it in the
development trunk and ask for feedback.

>> So... yes, I'm sorry it annoys some time to time, but latest-VM will
have periods in which it doesn't work as expected... is the only way this
small community can advance: Developers  introduce a functionality,
community tests and provide feedback, then loop.

--
---
Philippe Back

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101 | 1301 Bierges | Belgium

Featured on the Software Process and Measurement Cast
http://spamcast.libsyn.com
Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect and Ability Engineering EADocX Value
Added Reseller