[Pharo-dev] Flamel Update

Gisela Decuzzi giseladecuzzi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 09:00:35 EDT 2013

Hi, I'm working for the Gsoc project: better rw rule tools and my mentors
suggested me to send the weekly progress to the mailing list because other
people can be interested.

Work done:
     - defining a basic UI that admit
           - write an example expression
           - write the matching / transforming pattern
           - restrict the scope where running the rule (now select classes
or packages)
           - run a rule for matching / transforming

This week progress:
      - Show / Navigate the result after matching:
[image: Imágenes integradas 1]
      - blog post about defining the matching expression:
http://pharorwrules.wordpress.com/2013/08/06/just-want-to-match/
      - bugfixing
      - middle term evaluation
      - fixing repository and package mess (that I've done...)

For next week:
      - correct problems when transforming
      - vitualize the result after a transformation (rehuse part of the
search result for this)
      - add tests for transforming
      - blog post about rw engine (how to define a rule from the scratch
and why I implemented my own rule that matchs and transforms)
      - (if time) define the matching pattern for the expression (is an
expression, is a method? Should try with the best?), right now is matching
as a method pattern and sometimes is confusing.

If someone wants to see more planed task can have a look to the Trello
board in: https://trello.com/b/XqfJGqeB/flamel
If someone wants to give a try and give me some feedback the code is in
smalltalkhub:
MCSmalltalkhubRepository
owner: 'gisela'
project: 'Flamel'