[Pharo-dev] about on:do: -> onKey:do:

Guillermo Polito guillermopolito at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 04:32:27 EDT 2013

Ok, I commited a slice with a different selector name we discussed with Ben
a while ago. #bindKeyCombination:toAction:

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 9:42 AM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4 August 2013 15:50, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I would use #onKeyCombination:do:  to keep coherency with the framework.
> >

> why not naming it
> onKeyCombinationInKeyBindingsFramework:do:
> :)

Really?

> OnKey: is good because it short.

Short is not always better, come on igor!

> And not ambiguous (you can use single
> key(s)

yes but also...

*as well as key combinations*,

And then why Key is ok? The role the object is playing there is the one of
a key combination. If a key can be used as a key combination it is only
circumstantial.

> but that details).

You know better than a lot of people that details matter :). And now you
can solve the detail instantaneously by just making the selector more
intention revealing. I do not see the problem.