[Pharo-dev] New version of PharoSound

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Sun Aug 4 04:57:16 EDT 2013

On 04 Aug 2013, at 09:47, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr> wrote:

> good idea I will do that in the future
>
> 	http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~PharoExtras
>
> 	then the configurationOfPharoSound is published in ss3.gemtalk.com/MetaRepoForPharo20
>
> I looked around and that are some text in
> 	http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks/GuzdialBookDrafts/Multimedia-ch7.pdf
>
> If somebody would start to extract and work on a simple doc it would be great.
>

> About the doc, did you realise that we are writing docs while often there were not a single documentation
> even though people got payed when developing squeak.
> So we are doing our best.
>
> Did you realise that we write even document on things we do not know? :)

Yes, Stéphane, most people completely underestimate how much effort documentation is, both in code as in separate nice documents. I for one, appreciate your work on that front, a lot.  The book style documentation is extremely important.

But I think what he means is something like this:

  http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~SvenVanCaekenberghe/STON

one page as a reference, where you can get the code and read some introduction and basic documentation.

Your work on the meta package documentation will certainly help, but it are still the developers who have to write it.

Sven