[Pharo-dev] killing all uses of caseOf: and caseOf:otherwise from the image

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 10:23:25 EDT 2013

On 1 August 2013 15:20, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:
> We had quite hot discussion about this topic in the past..
> I don't think it makes sense to repeat arguments..
> because i think it won't convert anyone in either camp (those who
> [dis]agree, will still [dis]agree).
> so, lets just move on.

In a way I'm not asking about the merits or otherwise of #caseOf:. I'm
just wondering about what you _gain_ by removing the calls. Replacing
type-switching code with polymorphism is almost always a clear win,
for instance. But "kill all (non-type-switching) senders" doesn't give
you much, except harder to read chained if/elses.

frank