[Pharo-dev] Large images reasons [WAS] Re: [Pharo-users] Pharo 2.0 with Seaside + DBXTalk + GlorpDBX + Magritte 3 + TWBS is getting slower and slower

Guillermo Polito guillermopolito at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 09:47:03 EDT 2013

Ok, we are looking at that with marcus.

So, one thing that may be causing problems is that there are some usages of
#onAnnouncement: anAnnouncement do: aBlock. And since we don't have
ephermerons, the usage of blocks in announcements is leaking references.

Also, looking at the usages of onAnnouncement:do:, we found
NECController>>setEditor:, which is called for every keystroke in when
using autocompletion :D. Maybe the cause is around here?