[Pharo-dev] Large images reasons [WAS] Re: [Pharo-users] Pharo 2.0 with Seaside + DBXTalk + GlorpDBX + Magritte 3 + TWBS is getting slower and slower

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Thu Aug 1 03:33:57 EDT 2013

On Aug 1, 2013, at 8:56 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr> wrote:

> since years marcus is telling that MC storing ancestor information is doomed but we do not have something to really replace it.

This is yet another thing.

Monticello keep all history data of all package in image, this is not a cache. When you delete it, your package loses
it's history and you can not merge anymore.

MCVersionInfo allInstances do: [ :each | each instVarNamed: 'ancestors' put: nil ].

We did that on Pharo2 release and it saved 8MB (nearly a third of the image).

	Marcus