[Pharo-project] Fuel and Tanker in older Pharo images [WAS] Re: How to try Shapes and Gaucho?

Denis Kudriashov dionisiydk at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 06:59:17 EDT 2012

2012/9/29 Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com>

> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM, Denis Kudriashov <dionisiydk at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> ss3 repo for Shapes and Gaucho closed for reading or maybe empty.
>> So is it possible to get it somewhere? maybe there is prepared image?
>>
>> Actually I gather migrate our applications to last Pharo and use latest
>> achievemens like fuel and tanker.
>>

> Hi. I don't want to go offtopic in the original thread so I opened this
> one.
> Of course it is usually a good idea to migrate to latest stable Pharo
> release so that you don't stay with a very old image. Anyway, what I wanted
> to say is that Fuel DOES WORK in previous images. In fact, it works from
> Pharo 1.1 to 2.0.  And Tanker right now works in 2.0 only by just because
> by default we use the new ClassBuilder. But this can be easily changed for
> those who want to use it in older versions. Anyway, Tanker is still a
> little bit green ;)    For more details read my answer to this comment:
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2012/09/28/new-tanker-current-status/#comment-905

Hello and thank's for response.

Actually I want use Tanker to deploy my applications with "bootstrap way"
where only kernel minimal image existed and all application loaded at
startup.
It will simplify delivering application updates to slow remote targets. I
can just upload small tanker files and load it seamlessly because its
really fast.
And without image saves no corrupt images due to something bad at middle of
image save.

Best regards,
Denis