[Pharo-project] latam mirror down?

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Wed Sep 5 16:52:07 EDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

Metacello will choose from the entire list of repositories ... Metacello uses Gofer and Gofer does not scan in order...

Supplying multiple repositories will kinda work, but as I said, the overrideRepositories feature was not intended as a solution for repositories going off-line.

| > Each project can specify primary and mirror repositories in their
| > own configuration.
|
| Yes, which is the problem: how many ConfigurationOfs out there say
| "SS, but fall back to LatAM", or "use the canonical, but fall back to
| SS"? I know _yours_ do, but I suspect most won't.
|
| > Of course the problem comes up when the mirror repository is down,
| > or the project is only hosted on one repository...
|
| If a package is hosted on SS, it will be on LatAm too, so all
| SS-hosted packages can now come from either.

This is the desired effect, methinks.

| frank

Dale