[Pharo-project] direct object manipulation

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 06:42:22 EDT 2012

On 29 March 2012 20:02, Alexandre Bergel <alexandre.bergel at me.com> wrote:
>>> AthensCairoSurfaceExamples example1. complains that the function is not available. The error has been raised by NBFFICallout.
>>> Is there something obvious I am missing?
>>>
>> did you installed cairo library (32bit)?
>> it is separate step.
>>
>> sudo port install cairo +universal
>
> I didn't, but wait. What does this intall? Why not to simply package the libraries with the VM?

because it is a third-party library.
To me, your proposal sounds similar to "why not simply package
Operating System libraries with the VM".
Because in this case you need cairo. But in case of OpenGL, you will
need opengl libs.. so "package everything" goes nowhere.

> I tried once to use port/fink and I broke the internal of OSX, after having downloaded 500 Mb.

i know that using external libs sometimes is painful. But this is like
that. And we're not alone with these problems.
I think there's many other software which have to deal with it.

 Another solution is to implement everything by own :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.