[Pharo-project] Speech / KlattVoice

phil at highoctane.be phil at highoctane.be
Thu Mar 29 12:42:44 EDT 2012

Well, I'll do some Klatt on my own then. This will be educative and I am
stuck here for weeks, so ..

In fact, I have got a pet project here that requires a number of features
to work.

One of them is the iOS VM being under control for targeting the iPad.

Klatt may come in handy for having some of my test characters to talk
(until the dialog feels right and I can use actual real voice talent). I've
been using AT&T's natural voices for some things but this gives
downloadable Wavs that aren't usable commercially.
http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

SDK is here:
https://wizzardsoftware.com/shopcart/shopcartgroup.php?Group=V52&qstrID=
but I want the tooling to be usable as a free thing.

Of course, AT&T's is way better than Klatt... Awesome in fact.

Phil