[Pharo-project] [Moose-dev] SciSmalltalk

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Thu Mar 29 11:28:12 EDT 2012

It would indeed.  Bringing R "inside the image" would be very helpful, and would lead to all kinds of abstractions, making life easier.  I recently bought "The Art of R Programming" and have had time to only skim it.  I will admit that the author's enthusiasm is a bit infectious.  The R language might not be *quite* as bad as I think, though I still see it as syntax over substance run amok.

At one point, I *really* tried to like Visual Basic - this was a long time ago.  But every question got answered with "the SYNTAX  for that is ..." - R seems much the same way.  Very few users think in terms of objects, behavior and re-use.  With bindings, we could change that (for us at least).

Bill