[Pharo-project] vm crash - code snippet provided

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 13:52:15 EDT 2012

On 26 March 2012 01:54, Francisco Garau <francisco.garau at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's used to "animate" the morphs, apparently.
>
> The crash happens quite easily by dragging a big window out of the screen
> (to the left). You either get a debugger or the vm crashes.
>
> I just want to point out that before the VM crashes, there is a bug in
> Smalltalk-land; an Number is appearing where a Point is expected.

Yeah.. i am aware of that.
It looks like i should spend some time and fix my precious demo to
check bounds before blindly copying bits from opengl buffer to
Display.
I described the problem in previous discussion, and i know what
exactly should be done... but i haven't time to address that.. i have
more important things to do.

Just want to repeat again: That demo was just for the DEMO purposes..
it was not designed for general purpose..
It would be nice if someone could spend time improving it and getting
rid of obvious mistakes, like missed range checking.

But till then, take it with grain and salt.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.