[Pharo-project] Bug in DateAndTime?

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Tue Mar 27 09:01:00 EDT 2012

David T. Lewis wrote

> you may consider the limited implementation to be either a bug
> or a feature depending on your use case ;)

Ha ha, maybe that could be said of any code ;-) But, in this case, when one
has a Unix time, that already means something in the outside world. We're
reusing the label to mean something else - a recipe for disaster (or at
least confusion).

David T. Lewis wrote

> The current implementation... is simple and fast,

I'm actually envisioning a simplification - don't change to local offset; or
if we do, apply it after the date is calculated.