[Pharo-project] Silly question: how to start up pharo on a given image?

stefano franchi stefano.franchi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 18:13:24 EDT 2012

Dear all,

this may be a silly question, but I can't find the answer in the pharo
book or on the list:

how do you start pharo on a specific image? in Visualworks, you'd do

$vw imagename

and from then on, the image and change file would be saved in
imagename's directory.

But in pharo, it seems the imagename I give on the command line is
ignored, and I always start with the default image (which, on my
archlinux system, is located at /usr/share/pharo).
Since that directory is not writable by default and it contains the
change file, I get all sort of errors.
Perhaps it is an installation issue?

Cheers,

Stefano

Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies            Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA

stefano at tamu.edu
http://stefano.cleinias.org