[Pharo-project] CogVM speed

Milan Mimica milan.mimica at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 09:52:28 EDT 2012

Just wanted to point you that 64-bit code is notably faster than 32-bit
code on 64-bit CPUs.

You could put it another way: in order for a Smalltalk program to be
equivalent to a C/C++ program, you would have to strip out all those things
you mention there. But you can't. Now, whose limitation is that?

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net