[Pharo-project] Announcement vs SystemChangeNotifier

Henrik Sperre Johansen henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no
Mon Mar 26 06:45:37 EDT 2012

On 26.03.2012 00:08, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> On 25 March 2012 21:49, Stéphane Ducasse<stephane.ducasse at inria.fr>  wrote:
>> Hi guys
>>
>> I'm starting to look at how we can remove SystemChangeNotifier to only use SystemAnnouncement.
>> Now
>>         Is there an equivalent to
>>                 SystemChangeNotifier uniqueInstance doSilently: [……]
>>
>>         for Announcement?

Not implemented (yet?).

> well, you can implement disabling announcer for a while..
>
> announcer disableWhile: [...
>
> ... any announces here wont be delivered ..].
>
> easy
Following the original posts, the API should be suspendWhile:
http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/vbykov/blogView?showComments=true&printTitle=Advanced_Announcements,_part_3&entry=3311267425

And the reason I haven't done more than think about it, is respecting
Igor's security concerns about subscription modifications by external
users really complicates doing things like this in a good way...
The above announcer disableWhile: certainly break them in the most
blatant way possible :P

Cheers,
Henry