[Pharo-project] CogVM speed

Pavel Krivanek pavel.krivanek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 03:07:02 EDT 2012

I did it on 64bit. However among other things, there is a big issue
with equivalence of the programs. Because the same program in C/C++
would have to be able to be interrupted any time by an user, contain
debug information to be able to show the computation state in context
of the source codes and modify temporary and instance variables,
enumerate instances of any arbitrary class, serialize current
computation state and continue even on the different platform etc.
That all costs something and in this light the results of Smalltalk
look quite impressive ;-)

-- Pavel