[Pharo-project] FFI error message: Heisenbug

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sun Mar 25 12:36:52 EDT 2012

I'm working on GSL+callbacks, and have hit a genuine Heisenbug - the behavior changes depending on when/where I break and/or step over or into code.  Callbacks are getting hit successfully(!!!) but there is one function that crashes, unless I step over the call, in which case I get an error.

In particular, if I step far enough into things to see the call, calling gsl_multifit_fdfsolver_set() is raising an error (vs. crashing if I don't look<g>) that says 'No module to load address from'.  Anybody know what that means?  I'm using the CogVM on Ubuntu Lucid.

Bill